The brightness slider on Windows 10 was removed in an update following complaints that it caused issues with some devices. Users can still use the “brightness settings” menu to change the display luminance, but if they want a quick fix for temporary changes their options are limited.
The “windows 10 brightness slider missing” is a problem that some users have been experiencing on Windows 10. The issue has been around for quite some time now, so it’s not clear if the problem will be fixed anytime soon.
Ivan Jenic’s contribution
Expert in Troubleshooting
Ivan has dived deep into knowing this operating system, with a specialize in drivers and driver problems, thanks to his passion for all things Windows and his natural curiosity. When he isn’t tackling, he is… Continue reading
22nd of October, 2021
Publish date: April 2020
- You may be stuck with an incorrect brightness setting if the Windows 10 brightness slider is missing.
- A faulty driver or the TeamViewer software might be to blame for this issue.
- Updating your drivers with a specialist utility is one way to fix the missing brightness setting.
- Checking the settings in your graphics card program may also assist you in resolving the issue.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Another annoyance that people have experienced is the lack of a brightness choice in Windows 10, but thankfully for everyone, there may be a remedy.
It’s convenient to be able to control your brightness from your computer, but many users have complained that this feature isn’t accessible in Windows 10.
Here are some difficulties that customers have experienced when it comes to brightness options:
- The brightening option is not accessible. Windows 10, the grayed-out version of Windows 10 – Many people have complained that the brightness setting in Windows 10 isn’t accessible. If that’s the case, try updating your graphics card drivers to see if it makes a difference.
- Windows 10 doesn’t have a brightness slider – Although having the ability to modify your brightness with a slider might be really beneficial, many users complain that this option is not accessible. If this is the case, uninstall TeamViewer and similar applications from your computer and see if the problem goes away.
- The brightness on my laptop isn’t functioning – You may have problems with your laptop’s brightness from time to time. Make sure your power settings are adjusted correctly to activate this function.
- The screen brightness setting is no longer visible and has vanished – If this option isn’t accessible, you may always modify brightness using your driver program or a third-party application.
- I can’t change the brightness. Windows 8, 7, and Vista — If you’re having trouble adjusting the brightness on Windows 8 or 7, try one of these alternatives. Feel free to check out most of our solutions, since they are entirely compatible with previous versions of Windows.
How can I get the brightness control keys in Windows 10 to work again?
1. Remove the monitor driver and replace it with the default one.
1.1 Remove the display driver.
- To access the Win + X menu, press Windows Key + X. Select Device Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Expand the Monitors portion of the menu.
- Locate your monitor driver, right-click it, and choose Uninstall device from the menu.
- Check Remove the device’s driver program and click OK.
- Because your monitor driver has been removed, you must now click the Scan for Hardware Changes button.
- The default display driver will be installed, and your brightness settings should now function.
If your Windows 10 PC doesn’t have a brightness setting, the problem might be with your display driver. There may be a problem with your driver, which may cause this and other issues.
However, removing your monitor driver will solve the issue. Simply follow the instructions outlined above.
1.2 Check to see whether the display driver is turned off.
- Open the Device Manager application. program.
- Expand the Monitors section by clicking on it.
- If your monitor is turned off, right-click it and choose Enable from the menu that appears.
Check whether the issue persists after installing the default monitor driver. This problem may also happen if your display driver is turned off. Perform the procedures above to see whether this is the case.
You may also go to the website of the manufacturer of your graphics card and download the most recent driver for your model. The problem should be fixed if you enable your monitor.
2. Make sure your graphics card software is up to date.
Many people have noticed that the brightness choice on their PC isn’t accessible, which might be an issue for some. Your graphics card driver software may, however, modify the brightness choice.
You may modify numerous variables connected to your graphics card using applications like Catalyst Control Center and Nvidia Control Panel. One of these choices is the ability to change the brightness of your screen.
If you can’t locate the brightness choice on your PC, check the driver software for your graphics card and increase the screen brightness from there.
3. Make sure your display adapter driver is up to date.
- Open the Device Manager
- Select Display Adapters.
- Select Properties from the right-click menu on your graphics card.
- Go to your driver’s company’s manufacturer’s website.
- Download the appropriate driver.
- Return to the Display Adapters page.
- Update the driver by selecting it.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software from the drop-down menu.
- Restart your computer after installing the driver.
To manually update your display adapter drivers, follow these procedures. This procedure is straightforward, but if you want to automatically update all of your drivers and resolve any associated issues, we suggest utilizing a professional third-party application.
4. Experiment with third-party programs
If your phone doesn’t have a brightness option, you may be able to modify it via a third-party application.
There are a plethora of apps that let you alter hue, saturation, and brightness, so do a fast search and give one of them a try.
5. Adjust the power settings
- Enter power settings by pressing Windows Key + S. From the list of options, choose Power & Sleep Settings.
- In the right pane, choose Additional power settings.
- The Power Options window will now display on the screen. Change the plan parameters for the currently chosen play.
- Change advanced power settings now.
- The following settings should be enabled: Display brightness, Dimmed display brightness, and Enable adaptive brightness.
If your PC’s brightness choice is absent, users say it might be a problem with your power settings. You’ll need to make a few modifications to your power plan settings to remedy the issue.
Save your modifications after activating these options, and you should be able to adjust your screen brightness without any problems.
If the Windows 10 power plans are missing, we have a great step-by-step tutorial that can help you resolve the problem quickly.
6. Install a PnP monitor driver that is generic.
- Open the Device Manager program.
- Expand the Monitors section and right-click the monitor you want to change. From the menu, choose Update driver.
- Select the option to search my computer for driver software.
- Now choose Allow me to choose a driver from a list of options on my PC.
- Click Next after selecting Generic PnP Monitor from the list.
This problem may arise if you don’t have the Generic PnP Monitor driver loaded, according to users. This difficulty, however, may be simply resolved by installing this driver.
The problem should be rectified when you install the driver, and your brightness settings should function again.
7. Uninstall TeamViewer
Although TeamViewer is a handy program, some users have noticed problems with the brightness choice.
If you are unable to control the brightness of your screen, remove TeamViewer and see if this resolves your issue.
Uninstaller software, in case you’re unfamiliar, is a unique program that will fully remove the malfunctioning application, including all of its files and registry information.
You may assure that there are no remaining files that will cause the problem to reoccur in the future by utilizing very effective uninstaller software.
8. To alter the brightness, use the keys on your keyboard or the buttons on your display.
If the brightness option isn’t accessible, you may be able to solve the issue by altering the brightness manually. Most laptops offer a keyboard shortcut that enables you to quickly change the brightness of your screen.
Check your laptop handbook to find out which shortcut regulates your brightness. If you use a desktop computer, you should be aware that you can control the brightness of your display directly on the screen.
You may simply alter your screen settings, such as hue, brightness, and contrast, via the configuration controls found next to the power button on all displays.
9. Download and install the most recent updates.
- Select the Settings app from the Start menu by pressing the Start button twice (the cogwheel).
- To get started, go to the Update & Security section.
- Now, go ahead and click the Check for Updates option.
It’s likely that you don’t have the most recent system updates if the brightness choice isn’t accessible on your PC.
Windows 10 downloads the essential updates automatically most of the time, but you may miss one or two. You may always manually check for updates by performing the following:
If any updates are available, Windows will download and install them automatically when you restart your computer. Check whether the problem persists after everything has been updated.
This finishes our tutorial, and we hope you were able to resolve the Windows 10 brightness issue. Please give any other recommendations in the comments section below.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you? 6
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are currently 9 comments.
The “windows 10 brightness slider not working” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released an update to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why doesnt my Windows 10 have a brightness slider?
A: Windows 10 has a brightness slider in the display settings.
How do I get the brightness slider in Windows 10?
A: This can be done by going into the Control Panel and then clicking on your icon. In there, click on Ease of Access. There will be a section that says Make the mouse easier to use, it should have an option called something like Turn on or off Easy-to-Use Mouse Settings. Clicking this option turns ON easy mode for your pointer.
How do I get my brightness slider back?
A: The brightness slider was removed in the newest update. You will need to use a third party app such as HDR Toggle on your PS4s home screen or FUSION for PC and Mac, which is compatible with Beat Saber and some other games.
- windows 10 brightness setting
- windows 10 brightness slider download
- windows 10 brightness slider missing reddit
- windows 10 brightness slider missing 2020
- how to remove brightness bar from screen windows 10