Windows 10 has a new feature called the Taskbar, which is essentially the bar at the bottom of your screen that displays all open windows. But some users are reporting that their icons are missing from this bar.
The windows 10 pinned taskbar icons disappear is a common issue that has been present for a while. Microsoft released an update to fix the issue.
Milan Stanojevic is a writer who lives in Belgrade, Serbia.
Expert in Windows and Software
Milan has been fascinated by computers since he was a kid, and this has led him to be interested in all PC-related technology. He worked as a front-end web developer before joining WindowsReport. Continue reading
- If the Taskbar icons in Windows 11 are missing, restarting critical Windows programs may assist.
- Because this problem is known to occur when utilizing dual-monitor setups, you may want to consider switching to a single monitor.
- If your Windows 11 Taskbar icons aren’t showing up, make sure your system is up to date.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
The Taskbar is one of the most significant changes in Windows 11, and it is one of the most noticeable. New features, however, bring with them new problems, and this aspect is no exception.
Many customers have complained that the Taskbar icons in Windows 11 are missing, while others say that their Taskbar is malfunctioning.
This may be a significant issue since you won’t be able to use your mouse to access some functions and will have to depend on workarounds.
Fortunately, there are a few options for resolving this issue, so we recommend that you carefully follow our instructions and complete all of the procedures listed below.
How do I pin and unpin applications from the Taskbar?
- By clicking the Start Menu icon in the Taskbar, you may access the Start Menu.
- Find the app you want to pin and click on it.
- Pin the program to the taskbar by right-clicking it and selecting Pin to taskbar.
Unpinning is just as easy, and all you have to do is follow these steps:
- Locate the program you wish to remove from your Taskbar.
- Right-click on the app in question.
- Unpin from the taskbar is the option.
Is it possible to unpin system icons from the Taskbar?
- Right-click the Taskbar and choose Properties.
- From the menu, choose Taskbar settings.
- You may now choose which system icons appear on the Taskbar.
What should I do if the Taskbar icons in Windows 11 are missing?
1. Open Windows Explorer again.
- Activate Task Manager. By hitting Ctrl + Shift + Esc, you may do so.
- Locate Windows Explorer in the list of processes.
- Choose Restart from the menu when you right-click it.
The problem with the Taskbar should be addressed after restarting Windows Explorer. Keep in mind that this is just a workaround, and the problem may resurface in the future.
2. Try utilizing just one monitor.
- The second monitor should be disconnected or turned off.
- Allow a few minutes to pass.
- Check to see if the issue persists.
It’s possible that if Windows 11 Taskbar icons aren’t showing up, it’s because you’re utilizing several monitors, according to users. This is a known issue, and your only choice till it’s addressed is to utilize just one monitor.
3. Download and install the most recent build
- To launch the Settings app, press Windows Key + I.
- Now go to the Windows Update area of the menu.
- Check for updates and make sure that any that are missing are installed.
If you’re having trouble with the Settings app on Windows 11, we recommend reading our article on how to repair Settings app crashes.
Is it possible to change the location of the Taskbar in Windows 11?
The Taskbar in Windows 11 is fixed at the bottom of the screen and cannot be moved to the top of the screen as it could in earlier Windows versions.
We don’t know why Microsoft chose this design, but we hope that the functionality will be updated to enable users to adjust the Taskbar location.
Is it possible to modify the Start Menu in Windows 11?
The Start Menu, like the Taskbar, doesn’t allow for a lot of customisation, and you won’t be able to obtain the old Start Menu in Windows 11 since Microsoft fixed this registry trick.
Although the Start Menu in Windows 11 doesn’t provide much in the way of customization, you can still shift it to the left.
What options do I have for customizing the Taskbar in Windows 11?
Windows 11’s customization choices are limited, so if you want to make the Taskbar invisible on the newest OS, you’ll have to depend on third-party solutions.
Microsoft seems to be restricting customizing choices, and third-party software is your only option if you wish to utilize features like Never combine on the Windows 11 Taskbar.
If the Windows 11 Taskbar icons are missing, it’s most likely due to problems in the current release, therefore get the most recent version as quickly as possible.
If the update isn’t yet available, you may be able to resolve the problem by restarting File Explorer or disconnecting any extra displays.
Do you have any problems with the Taskbar in Windows 11? Please share your thoughts in the comments area below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The windows 11 taskbar not working is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released 4 fixes to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix a missing taskbar icon?
The taskbar icon may be missing because of a problem with the system. If this is the case, you will need to contact your computer manufacturer for further assistance.
How do I fix the taskbar in Windows 11?
The taskbar is a small bar that appears at the bottom of your screen and contains icons for programs you have running. You can move it by clicking on the small arrow in the bottom-right corner, then dragging it to where you want it.
Why are my icons not showing on my taskbar?
This is because you are using a virtual desktop. The icons on your taskbar will not show up if you are using a virtual desktop.
- windows 11 taskbar icons missing
- windows 10 taskbar icons not showing open applications
- pinned icons not showing on taskbar windows 7
- restore taskbar icons
- outlook icon missing from taskbar windows 10