A power bank is a small, but powerful device that can charge your phone or laptop from the wall. Most of them have built-in flashlights and plugs for multiple devices so you always have what you need. We’ve rounded up the best power banks on Amazon to keep your devices charged on the go!
The “maxoak laptop power bank” is a portable charger for laptops. The maxoak laptop power bank has an output of 5V/2A, which is perfect for most laptops. It also has a built-in flashlight and a micro USB port.
The PowerBank Guide is made possible by the contributions of its readers. We may get an affiliate commission if you purchase anything after clicking on one of our links.
Laptops are by far the most power-hungry of the important items we take with us. Despite the fact that current laptops have longer battery lives than previously thanks to low-power CPUs and SSD storage, charging computers while they are not connected to a power source remains an issue.
30-watt laptop power banks were the greatest available around 2-3 years ago, and they could largely charge Macbook Airs (and Pros at slow speed). Many decent portable 45-watt/60-watt power banks have been released in the previous two years. Larger laptops, such as the Macbook Pro 15, Dell XPS 15/13, Microsoft Surface series, HP Spectre, and others from Lenovo, Samsung, and Asus, may be charged with the newest 60/100-watt power banks. The following are the best laptop portable chargers available right now:
HP, Microsoft Surface, Lenovo, Samsung, LG, MacBook Pro, Dell XPS 15/13, HP, Microsoft Surface, Lenovo, Samsung, LG
- Anker PowerCore Elite III USB-C PD 25600 60-watt
- Omnicharge Omni C+ 20000 100-watt USB-C PD Omnicharge Omni C+ 20000 100-watt USB-C PD Omnicharge Omni C+ 20000
Chromebooks, MacBook Pro/Air, XPS 13, Lenovo, Samsung, LG USB-C laptops
- Mi/ZMI Xiaomi’s PowerPack Pro 20K 65-watt USB-C PD
- Anker PowerCore Elite III USB-C PD 25600 60-watt
- 60-watt USB-C PD & 60-watt direct DC barrel port Omni Mobile 25600
- AmazonBasics USB-C PD 26800 45-watt
Here’s a closer look at our picks for the best laptop portable chargers or power banks –
For Macbooks & Laptops, the Best USB-C PD Power Bank (Value for Money)
For Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Dell XPS 13, USB-C ultrabooks, and iPhone 12/11 series XR, XS, and other Apple products. Pixels, Samsung S/Note/A
The AmazonBasics 20100 60-watt PD 3.0 charger can provide up to 45 watts of power to Macbooks and USB-C laptops.
If you need a powerbank to charge your Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, or Dell XPS 13/15 laptops quickly, the AmazonBasics 20100 45-watt PD 3.0 is our best value for money 45-watt USB-C PD power bank. This portable charger features a high 60 watt USB-C PD maximum charging output, allowing it to charge not just Macbooks Air and Pro, but also the considerably more power-hungry Dell XPS 13 and 15 laptops.
The AmazonBasics 20100 45-watt’s maximum charging output power of 60 watts is more than the 29 watt wall charger that came with the first Apple MacBook Air. This implies the power bank can charge your Macbook Air quicker than the original Apple charger! If you have a USB-C charging laptop, such as a Macbook, Chromebook, or newer Dell XPS 13 (9360, 9370, etc.) or XPS 15, we suggest this powerbank.
Aside from charging laptops, the AmazonBasics 20100 45-watt PD 3.0 offers the quickest charging of most recent smartphones (including the iPhone 12, 11, XR/XS/X/8 and Samsung S10, S9, Note 9/8, Pixel 3/2).
There are various poor-quality 45/60-watt USB-C PD portable chargers on the market, but if you want a high-quality 45-watt USB-C PD power bank at a reasonable price and don’t require the associated USB-C wall charger, AmazonBasics 20100 45-watt PD 3.0 is certainly one of the better alternatives.
The best method to charge is using a 45-watt USB PD wall charger, such as the AmazonBasics USB-C PD 68 watt wall charger, or any Macbook charger, since these chargers power it in roughly 4 hours.
Remember to get a 45+ watt USB-C PD charger to go with this power bank, such as the AmazonBasics USB-C PD 68 watt wall charger. The RAVPower 20100 45-watt PD 3.0 is compatible with Apple’s normal Macbook wall chargers (29 watt, 61 watt, or 87 watt).
- Maximum power output of 60 watts – ideal for quick charging USB-C computers, particularly the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro.
- Dell XPS 13 9350/9360/9370/9365 laptops are compatible.
- Dell XPS 15 9570/9575/9560-r1845 computers are compatible.
- Dell’s proprietary companion series power banks for Dell laptops are better in capacity and pricing (see below)
- With a 30 watt USB-C PD wall charger, it can be charged in only 3.5 hours, and with a Quickcharge phone charger, it can be charged in just 6 hours.
- iPhone 12, 11, 11 Pro/Max, XR, XS Max, XS, 8, 8+, and iPhone X support the new rapid charging option (zero to 50 percent in 30 minutes).
- Supports Samsung Galaxy S20, S10, S10+, S9/S8, S8+, S7, S7 Edge, Note 9, Note 8 in fast charging mode.
- iPad Pro 2018, iPad mini 2019, and iPad Air 2019 all have fast charging capabilities.
- Quality craftsmanship and a sturdy build
- True capacity of 20,100 mAH
- Excellent customer service/warranty for a period of 24 months
- Included is a USB-C to USB-C cable.
Portable Charger for Laptops & Professional Equipment of the Highest Quality
Omni Mobile 25600 mAH – 60-Watt USB-C PD + 4-Preset voltage DC outlet + Wireless Charging Omni Mobile 25600 mAH – 60-Watt USB-C PD + 4-Preset voltage DC outlet + Wireless Charging
Omnicharge Omni C+ 20000mAH 100-watt USB-C PD & Dual USB-C PD ports Omnicharge Omni C+ 20000mAH 100-watt USB-C PD & Dual USB-C PD ports
OmniCharge Omni 20+ 20000 mAH – 60-Watt USB-C PD + Adjustable voltage DC outlet + AC outlet + Wireless Charging OmniCharge Omni 20+ 20000 mAH – 60-Watt USB-C PD + Adjustable voltage DC outlet + AC outlet + Wireless Charging
With its adjustable DC/AC outlets and 60-watt USB-C PD output, the Omnicharge Omni 20+ can charge a wide variety of professional equipment as well as laptops.
Omnicharge Omni 20+ is a premium backup power solution for a variety of professional electronic equipment, including cameras and field equipment, that need their own charging profiles and voltages. The most recent version of the Omni 20, the 20+, has a very useful new feature: 60-watt USB-C PD output ports that enable it to charge most laptops, including Surface, Macbook Pro 15 and XPS, HP Spectre, and others. The Omnicharge Omni 20+ is a highly portable and adaptable portable charger with passthrough charging and wireless charging capabilities — just set a phone on top to charge it while the power bank is being charged.
The Omnicharge Omni 20+ includes a 20,100 mAh battery and three charging options for laptops:
- For USB-C laptops, a 60-watt USB-C PD port is available.
- A DC barrel port with adjustable voltage for charging laptops and other electronic devices. The Omnicharge Omni 20+ has a broad range of DC voltage output. It can really produce ANY DC voltage between 1 and 25 volts, including 9 volt, 10 volt, 12 volt, 18 volt, 20 volt, 24 volt, and so on, with a power demand of up to 70 watts. As a result, the Omni 20+ can power practically any laptop as well as a wide variety of professional electronic equipment.
- Charging specialist equipment with a 100-watt maximum 120v AC US version (or 230v in Europe version) connector (or laptops).
Update: If you just require a 60-watt USB-C PD for laptops or 12/16/19/24 volt DC for non-USB-C laptops and don’t need a 1-25 volt adjustable DC outlet or AC outlet, the new Omni Mobile 25600 is a significantly better and far more affordable alternative. It boasts a 25% larger battery, while the rest of the functions, such as pass-through and wireless charging, are almost identical.
It also contains two 18-watt QuickCharge 3.0 compatible conventional USB ports for charging smartphones, as well as a 10-watt wireless charging capability for charging the newest iPhones, Samsung/Pixels/LG, and other Android premium phones wirelessly.
The Omni 20+ is a small power bank with a lot of output and input choices.
The adaptability of this high-end portable charger is its defining characteristic. The Omni 20+’s AC/DC/HVDC/USB-C PD can power almost any electrical device with a power requirement of up to 100 watts. It also has two standard USB ports for charging devices. You may also use the USB-C PD port to quickly charge the newest iPhones 11/11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, XR, XS, X, 8, 8+, Samsung S20/S10/S9/S8, Note 10/9/8, and all Pixels from 0% to 50% in 30 minutes.
The Omni 20+’s 20100 Mah battery is capable of charging most computers almost once. The Omni 20 can charge a wide variety of computers, including Dell XPS 15, XPS 13, HP Spectre 13, Surface Pro 5, 4, and Surface Pro 3, as well as Macbook Pros and Macbook Airs, thanks to its exceptional 100 watt power draw compatibility.
The Omnicharge Omni 20+ is a tiny, durable device that weighs roughly 1.35 pounds (611 grams). With any 45+ watt USB-C PD charger, such as Macbook USB-C chargers, it can be completely charged in around 4 hours. The Omni 20+’s broad range of input power is another distinguishing characteristic. The Omni 20+ may be charged from a variety of sources, including solar cells and direct DC input. For charging the Oni 20+, we suggest using a 63+ watt twin PD port charger like the AmazonBasics USB-C PD 68 watt wall charger, since it will charge both the Omni20+ and a recent flagship iPhone/Android phone at the quickest charging rates possible.
The Omnicharge Omni 20+’s 60 watt PD output is ideal for charging the newest Macbook Pros at lightning rates (60 watt).
Another useful function is pass-through charging, which allows you to use the power bank as a UPS and charge the Omni 20 powerbanks as they charge your laptops.
What We Enjoy
- Most USB-C laptops can be charged using a 60-watt USB-C PD output.
- Most non-USB-C laptops can be charged with an adjustable DC output of up to 100 watts.
- Specialty equipment with their own AC adapters will benefit from the 100 watt AC/HVDC outlet.
- 1- Laptops are charged effectively with a 24 volt adjustable DC output. It is possible to charge a wide range of professional equipment and devices.
- The DC barrel port may be charged with a broad variety of DC voltages.
- Solar charging is encouraged.
- Pass-through charging is supported, allowing you to charge your devices while the powerbank is charging. This is a useful function if you’re in a rush and need to charge both your power bank and your gadgets at the same time.
- Wireless charging up to 10 watts is supported.
- Two 18-watt QuickCharge 3.0 compliant USB ports are ideal for quickly charging Android USB-C smartphones such as the Samsung S20, S10, S9, S9+, S8, S8+, S7, S6, Note 8, and others from 0 to 50% in 30 minutes. These connectors can also charge most iPhones twice as fast as a standard Apple 5-watt charger.
- The USB-C PD port can charge the newest iPhones 11/11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, XR, XS, X, 8, 8+, Samsung S20/S10/S9/S8, Note 10/9/8, and all Pixels in 30 minutes.
- Charger that is both compact and robust, with a high build quality (5 x 1.1 x 4.8 inches and 1.39 pounds weight)
- Unrivaled adaptability in a portable charger
- OLED display panel with descriptive text
- Most laptops can be charged once with a 20100 mAh capacity.
- Any 45-watt USB-C PD charger, such as AmazonBasics USB-C PD 68 watt wall charger, will charge your phone in 3 hours.
- There are several input and output choices. With a variety of charging options for laptops and cellphones (USB or USB-C PD).
What we don’t like
- A little pricey! Only enthusiasts and experts can afford it because of the high price.
- For such a high-priced piece of equipment, a one-year limited guarantee is less than desirable.
- TSA allows a capacity of 20000 MAH, which is less than the maximum of 26800 MAH. For such a premium price, a capacity of 26800 mah would have been excellent. This problem is addressed with the new Omni Mobile 25600.
Best 60W PD Portable Charger for MacBook Pro/Air, Dell XPS 15/13, Surface, and Other Laptops
ZMI Powerpack 20000 Pro USB-C PD PPS Power Bank is a 65-watt USB-C PD PPS Power Bank by ZMI.
The ZMI Powerpack 20000 Pro 65-watt USB-C PD power bank can charge Macbook Air/Pro, Microsoft Surface, XPS 13/15, and other laptops at 65-watts.
The ZMI Powerpack 20000 Pro 65-watt is a high-output USB-C power bank for laptops by Xiaomi, the creator of Mi phones. It contains a 20000 mAh battery and is housed in a sleek, curved, and polished design. It can fast-charge any new iPhone or Samsung phone to 50% from empty in 30 minutes, in addition to providing most computers almost a full charge. It’s also the only power bank that can handle Samsung’s Note 10 and Note 20 series phones with 25-watt PPS fast charging, which will provide the Samsung Note 10 Plus four complete charges from 30% to 100%.
The standout feature of the ZMI Powerpack 20000 Pro 65-watt is its exceptionally high 65-watt USB-C PD output, which charges a wide variety of laptops at very rapid rates of up to 65-watts, including the Surface Pro, Dell XPS 15/13, HP Spectre, Macbook Air, and Macbook Pro.
Because it supports 18-watt USB-C PD, the ZMI Powerpack 20000 Pro 65-watt portable charger can also charge all recent iPhones such as the iPhone 12, 11, X, XR, XS, XS Max, and others to 50% in 30 minutes. It also fast-charges all new Samsung smartphones, including the Note 20/10 series, S20 series, S10, S10+, S10 Plus, S9/S8, and other new Android phones, from 0% to 50% in roughly 30 minutes.
Any 45-watt or greater USB-C PD charger, including the Macbook charger or any USB-C laptop charger, recharges the ZMI Powerpack 20000 Pro 65-watt in roughly 3 hours. The Note 10 Plus/Note 10 chargers will charge it in 5 hours.
The power bank weighs around 15.52 oz (440 g) and measures 6.31 3.22 0.83 in (160.4 81.8 21 mm) in size.
- Most Surface computers, XPS 13/15 laptops, including Macbook Air and Macbook Pro may be charged with a 65-watt PD maximum output (2015 and later)
- For the most recent Macbook Airs, the maximum allowed charging power is 45/60 watts.
- The 20000 mAh battery can practically completely charge the Macbook Air 13 (2017).
- It can charge the iPhone 12, 11/XR/11 Pro, and other Apple devices from 20% to 100% five times, and the Samsung S20/S20+/Note 10 Ultra/10 from 30% to 100% roughly four times.
- Fast-charges the newest iPhones, including the iPhone 12, 11 series, iPad Pros, XR, XS, X, and XR, XS, X, as well as the latest Android/Samsung phones, including the Samsung S10 Plus, S10, S9, and others.
- The Samsung Note 10 Plus/Note 10 is charged from zero to 50% in 25 minutes using a 25-watt PPS USB-C PD output, which is quicker than any other power bank and as fast as the Samsung Note 10 adapters.
- Any 45-watt USB-C PD charger will recharge it in around 3 hours, while the Note 10 charger will recharge it in about 5 hours.
- There are three output ports in total: one USB-C port and two USB ports.
- It may also be used as a USB hub. This is a great feature for many USB-C laptops that don’t have a USB port.
- A 100w PD USB-C cable, a USB-C to USB-A connection, and a travel bag are among the many high-quality accessories included.
- Earlier iPhones, such as the 6, 6s, 7, 7 Plus, and older Androids, may charge at a maximum of 3 amps.
- Weights roughly 15.5 oz (440 grams) and produces 65 watts.
For Dell Laptops, the Best Portable Charger (Inspiron, Latitude, XPS)
12000 mAh Dell Power Companion 4 Cell
12800mAH Dell Hybrid 45-watt Adapter + Power Bank
The Dell Power Companion 4 Cell may be charged while the laptop is being charged.
These two Dell power banks are our second-best picks for charging Dell laptops, such as the XPS and Latitude series. These two portable chargers are presently the only ones that function consistently with the vast majority of Dell computers.
Power Bank + Dell Hybrid Adapter 12800mAH is a 12800 mAh power bank with a DC barrel port output and a 45-watt power adapter charger for Dell Inspiron, Latitude, and XPS laptops. A broad variety of Dell non-USB C laptops are supported by the power bank. It also includes two USB connections with 2.4 amp charging capabilities for cellphones.
Dell Power Companion 4 Cell 12000 mAh is a power bank that supports a broad variety of Dell laptops and has a traditional DC barrel port output. The power bank is around 10 oz (280 grams) in weight, which is ideal for a laptop/phone dual usage power bank. This variant also features two USB connections with a 2.4 amp charging speed for cellphones.
Both of these portable chargers have a reasonable charging efficiency (though nothing spectacular). Both of these power banks will offer a 2018 XPS 13 somewhat more than half a charge (50 percent), as well as charge iPhones and Android phones at reasonable rates. These two batteries are still the finest portable battery solutions for many Dell users due to the absence of any other options.
Dell laptops that are supported –
Inspiron 11 3000 Series Inspiron 11 3000 Series Inspiron 11 3000 (3162) Inspiron 11 3000 series (Inspiron 11 3000 series) (Inspiron (3168) Inspiron 15 5000 Series Inspiron 15 5000 Series Inspiron 15 5000 (5578) Inspiron 15 5000 Series Inspiron 15 5000 Series Inspiron 15 5000 (5570) Inspiron 11 3000 Series Latitude 7280 (3169) Inspiron 15 5000 Series Inspiron 15 5000 Series Inspiron 15 5000 (5568) Inspiron 13 7000 Series Inspiron 13 7000 Series Inspiron 13 7000 (7370) 5280° Latitude 5480° Latitude 5280° Latitude 5480° Latitude 5280° Inspiron 13 5000 Series Inspiron 13 5000 Series Inspiron 13 5000 (5378) Dell Inspiron 13 5368 2-in-1, 13 5378 2-in-1, 14 3467, 14 7460, 15 3567, 15 5565, 15 5567, 15 5568 2-in-1, 15 5578 2-in-1, 17 5767, 17 5568 2-in-1, 17 5568 2-in-1, 17 5568 2-in-1, 17 5568 2-in-1, 17 5568 2-in-1, 17 5568 2-in-1, 17 5568 2-in-1, 17 5568 2-in-1 Inspiron 14 3000 Series (3462), Inspiron 14 3000 Series (3467), Inspiron 14 7000 Series (7460), Inspiron 15 3000 Series (3565), Inspiron 15 3000 Series (3567), Inspiron 15 5000 Series (5568), Inspiron 15 7000 Series (7560), Inspiron 15 7000 Series (7569), Inspiron 15 5000 Series (5568), Inspiron 15 Inspiron 15 7000 Series Inspiron 15 7000 Series Inspiron 15 7000 (7560) Inspiron 17 5000 Series Inspiron 17 5000 Series Inspiron 17 5000 (5770) Inspiron 13 5000 Series Inspiron 13 5000 Series Inspiron 13 5000 (5368) Inspiron 14 7000 Series Inspiron 14 7000 Series Inspiron 14 7000 (7460) Inspiron 15 7000 Series Inspiron 15 7000 Series Inspiron 15 7000 (7570) Inspiron 13 7000 Series Inspiron 13 7000 Series Inspiron 13 7000 (7373) Inspiron 15 5000 Series Inspiron 15 5000 Series Inspiron 15 5000 (5575) Inspiron 15 7000 Series Inspiron 15 7000 Series Inspiron 15 7000 (7573)
The Latitude Series is a collection of short stories about people
5490 degrees longitude 2 In 1 Latitude 5290 Latitude 3390 5590° Latitude 7380° Latitude 3490° Latitude Rugged Extreme 7212 Latitude 3590 Latitude 7480 Latitude 5580 Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme 7212 Latitude 3590 Latitude 7480 Dell Latitude 3480, 3580, 7480, 5280, 7280, 7380, 7480, 5280, 7280, 7380, 7480
Vostro XPS 13
Dell Vostro 15 3565, Dell XPS 12 (9250), Dell XPS 13 9360, Dell XPS 9365, Dell Vostro 15 3565, Dell XPS 12 (9250), Dell XPS 13 9360, Dell XPS 9365 There are several different XPS 13 variants available.
Laptop power banks with AC outlets vs. USB-C/DC laptop power banks
There are two types of laptop powerbanks available on the market:
Laptop power banks with portable AC outlets
You may connect your laptop power adapter into the built-in AC socket on them. These power banks are inefficient because they need two power conversion steps: DC to AC in the powerbank and then AC to DC in the laptop power adapter. This dual power conversion wastes a lot of energy, resulting in exceptionally low power efficiency in such power banks. As a result, if your primary purpose is to provide backup power for laptops, we do not advocate buying AC outlet power banks for charging laptops.
Instead, we suggest buying power banks with direct DC outlets (USB-C PD power banks also provide direct DC output). Because there is no other option, AC outlet power banks are only justified for supplying backup for specialty power equipment that requires only AC power (or has proprietary specialty power adapters). Omnicharge 20+ AC/DC/USB-C power bank is an excellent multifunctional DC+AC outlet+USB-C PD power bank.
Laptop Power Banks with USB-C PD/DC Output
A DC barrel port is available on DC output power banks (or a USB-C PD port). The DC port typically provides 19 or 20 volts of DC power. Some of the most recent power banks now have a USB-C PD connector for laptops/Macbooks, which can provide changeable 20/15/12/9/5 volts power through the USB-C connection. Because most laptops run on 19/20 volt DC, this is the most efficient method to power them because it avoids the DC-AC-DC conversion phase, allowing for substantially higher efficiency. All of our recommendations below are DC Output portable chargers, since they are considerably better than AC outlet laptop portable chargers. The latest USB-C PD power banks, such as the ZMI PowerPack Pro 20K (our top selection for laptops – to be updated soon in article), Omni Mobile 25600, and Omnicharge Omni 20+, can supply 60-watt USB-C PD for Surface Pro, 15-inch Macbook Pros, and other laptops.
Watch This Video-
The “dell laptop power bank” is a popular power bank for laptops. It has an output of 10,000mAh which can charge your laptop up to four times.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Power Bank is good for laptop charging?
A: My personal opinion is that the best power bank for your laptop should be a portable charger with enough capacity to charge multiple times.
Are there power banks that can charge laptops?
A: There are many power banks that can charge laptops.
- anker laptop power bank
- laptop power bank with ac outlet
- maxoak type-c power bank for laptop
- hp laptop power bank
- best portable laptop charger